Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Indoor Voices!

Unforeseen family issues caused my absence...sometimes its just no fun being a grown up!

Here's one:

My girls were fighting the other day over a Barbie (we only have about ten of them, and they all look the same, by they both wanted this Barbie). They are yelling and screaming at each other.

I'm pretty much already a head case, because at this particular point in time life is pretty stressful, I'm juggling work, family stuff, and these two precious cherubs.

I pipe up and shout, "Stop yelling!"

My 4 year old looks at me and says, "Momma your yelling."

Good point, probably not the best way to dissolve the situation. I know, I know, stoop down to their level, re-direct the behavior, blah, blah, blah. I was impulsive, and I yelled, my mistake, whatever. I think we're all allowed to slip up every now and then, it just pissed me off that my 4 year old called me on it. I had nothing to back it up afterwards. She is so lucky she's adorable.

On a completely separate note, today is my brother's birthday, so Happy Birthday Brad!

2 comments:

Zion said...

Yeah, that happens to the best of us, and I totally understand your frustration at being called on it :)

Hope your life gets less complicated soon!

Zion said...

Yeah, that happens to the best of us, and I totally understand your frustration at being called on it :)

Hope your life gets less complicated soon!