Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My review, Harry Potter

You might think I am going to review the movie, however I am not. I am not too big on giving my two cents on movies, I think everybody has a different take on a movie, what I like some people may hate. (unless you review Gigli, then I think we are all on the same page) Anywho...my review is not of the movie, but my experience at the theatre.

It was pretty obvious that since the movie had just premiered there was going to be a big crowd. We had to get there 2 hours early to get tickets, and we were able to get in the theatre an hour early. My husband did his thing, analyzing every ratio of the theatre in order to select the absolute perfect seats, dead in the center. Once he was was finished with his song and dance we were seated, happily eating our snacks, (which cost more than the damn tickets).

The place starts to fill up, and there is an empty seat on either side of my husband and I. Then, as usual, the last few stragglers come in five minutes before the lights go down. This (I am being polite) overly-generous-sized man comes in, (ok, he was a cothundra) and he wants to sit next to me. I don't judge, maybe he has a thyroid problem or something. Does that excuse the fact that he doesn't think he needs to wear deodorant? Now I'm skeeved, and to add insult to injury, this guy sits down and knocks my box of candy out of my hands, and it spills onto the floor, leaving me with 4 measly Milk Duds.

I'm fuming, my husband is doubling over in laughter (he is so sweet) and I am about to cry because my movie experience is getting ruined by this guy. (people tell me that I have a tendency to be overly-dramatic)

No apologies from my new friend...no...now he wants to talk to me. He starts asking me about the weather, and he has informed that it will be raining when we leave the theatre. I am about the thank him for officially creeping me out when my husband decides he has tortured me enough, and comes to my rescue by pretending to ask me a really important question. So the movie? Two thumbs up, four stars, yadda, yadda, that's my review and I'm sticking with it...

1 comments:

Zion said...

I liked the movie as well, although instead of a sweaty fat guy I had three 12 year olds discussing every second of the movie right behind me... *sigh* but I enjoyed the movie, quite nice, but I was shocked to see parents there with children as young as Ragnar - even younger...

How are things with you? I haven't seen you around forever...