Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sweet Dreams

Allergies have made for uncomfortable sleeping for my 4 year old as of late, and now it seems that my youngest, who is almost 2, is now having the same problem.

Last night the girls went to bed at their usual time, and she started waking up, crying, whimpering about her nose. She was congested and coughing. After getting up to tend to her for the 8th time, I just gave up and put her in bed to sleep with me, it would be easier, and I was too lazy to be getting up to go in her room all night.

I have an issue with my girls sleeping in bed with me: They drive me crazy.

My daughter gets in my bed and she is asleep, yet she's all over the place, moving non-stop. It only takes 5 minutes for me to get irritated, because I cannot sleep with the constant movement. Seriously, she's rolling all over the place, grunting, and making all these weird toddler noises. Its like some insane subconscious game of Twister she's doing.

At one point I did fall asleep, but this I remember, I had a foot in my arm pit, and she had a fist full of my hair. She was sleeping soundly, and the last few moments before I drifted off, I was glaring at her, having visions of her "accidentally" falling off the bed.

OMG! It was one of those crazy mommy moments, the ones that have been coined by some parenting author as a "mommy misdemeanor". Of course I would never push her off the bed! I was exhausted, (it was quite a day) and sometimes those thoughts pop into my mind, but only for a second!

When I saw her sleeping peacefully and not bothered by the coughing and the runny nose, she looked so darn cute, I couldn't possibly kick her out of my bed...this time at least...*wink*

1 comments:

Katie said...

Haha - this feels like one of the many reasons why I don't want kids!
They do sound cute when they're sleeping peacefully though :)