Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ding! Ding!

This random thing is not something that you would think could bother a person this much, given how trivial it is. The problem I have is that it occurs on a daily basis, multiple times, and it has pushed me to a level of annoyance I never thought I was capable of.

We have a sign, a large 8x10 sigh, that says in bright red letters, "Ring Bell for Service" at work. It means exactly what it says, ring the bell, and someone will come to the counter to assist you. You can't miss the bell, its the size of a grapefruit.

My question is, why don't people ring the bell? I love the ones that come to the counter, place all their merchandise for purchase in front of the sign, and then stand there waiting impatiently for someone to come and help them.

The really depressing thing is, there have been a handful of occasions where I have seen someone go to the counter, and wait, so I will just walk over to help them. When they see me they ring the bell, and stand there staring, waiting for something to happen. Maybe they think I'm going to break into song or a jig or something. Am I missing something here?

Just ring the damn bell!

0 comments: