Saturday, April 4, 2009

Two Things...

There were two things that took my by the seat of my pants today.

1) Today was a kid-free day, my girls spent Friday night and Saturday with their grandfather (god bless him!). I was able to sit down and dig into the book I'm currently reading, "Master of the Game". At first I was chipping away at this book, waiting for it to get good, as was promised to me by a good friend.

I managed to get to that point today and I could not put the darn thing down! I believe I read it for almost the entire day. This book is a great read, and I recommend it, but I am throwing it out there, its slow to start, and picks up towards the middle. Its worth the wait, believe me.

2) My husband and I put the kids to bed early, and settled ourselves down to watch the movie, "Australia".

All I can say is, "Wow."

The movie was excellent, absolutely beautiful, dramatic, and humorous, all in its own right. If you haven't seen it yet, I think you should. Not only for that, but Hugh Jackman is quite the eye candy in this flick. The muscles on this man...my goodness...

1 comments:

Zion said...

Ahh, kid free day to read *drifts into fantasy land*
currently every childfree moment is hazzled by packing/unpacking or other moving related things...*sigh*

That book sounds good, what is it about? is it something for me? LOL
I can't wait for summer I promised myself NO MORE SERIES until this summer! I can't afford to be sucked in until then LOL